Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products.
The Company has global and U.S. headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA, and international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland.
- The new Actavis, Inc. is a powerful combination of the highly successful and previously separate Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:WPI) and privately-held, Swiss-based Actavis Group.
- Actavis is the world’s third-largest generic pharmaceutical company, with more than 750 molecules in 1,700 dosage combinations marketed globally through operations in more than 60 countries.
- Actavis’ branded pharmaceutical business, which operates under the name Actavis Specialty Brands, develops and markets products principally in Urology and Women’s Health.
- Actavis is committed to developing and marketing biosimilars products in Women’s Health, Oncology and other therapeutic categories.
- Actavis’ Anda, Inc., is the fourth-largest U.S. generic pharmaceutical product distributor.
- Actavis develops and out-licenses generic pharmaceutical products to customers in more than 100 countries outside of the U.S. through its Medis third-party business.
Download Actavis Company Profile (pdf, 3.5 MB)